How to design modern fishmongers
Traditional shops are gradually disappearing, and little by little they are adapting to current times and new trends. That is why today we find modern delicatessens, bakeries and fishmongers looking for a strong eye-catching design to attract customers.
Keys in the design of a fishmonger’s shop
When renovating any shop, it is important to carry out a total or partial refurbishment in order to achieve an open and pleasant space. In addition, there are several interior design aspects that should be taken into account:
- Use original materials. Fishmongers usually use white ceramic tiles for walls and floors, as it is a colour that portrays cleanliness and hygiene. However, ceramics with different shapes and colours can be used to provide an innovative and distinctive look. An example of this could be to arrange the tiles in such a way that they represent scales.
- Use humidifiers. These are ideal for maintaining the freshness and properties of the products, which will make customers even more confident in the quality of the merchandise.
- Install self-service display cases or refrigerators. These displays, previously used mainly by large stores or supermarkets, will allow customers to choose calmly and without any rush.
- Adding decoration. In the past, we did not find too many decorative accessories in fishmongers’ shops, as it was thought to affect overall cleanliness. However, including decorative elements in the design of the establishment is the perfect way to achieve a renewed image. Some examples are photographs of the fish, maritime themes, or fishing gear.
- Offer tastings. Giving customers the opportunity to try the product right there and then is becoming more and more fashionable, as it is a perfect way to attract more customers and show the quality of the product. It is important to be well informed on the regulations in each city and to take into account the available space in the establishment.
- Increase the freshness of the produce with fish tanks. As long as it is placed in the right spot and designed by professionals, having a fish tank to choose the product from adds value to any fishmonger’s shop.
- Pay attention to the business identity. Remember not to overlook the logo, the business cards, the sign and anything else related to corporate identity, as it creates a sense of quality and relevance.
- Engage with the customer. There are many ways to reach potential customers, such as social networks, websites, advertisements or billboards. We recommend finding out which channel is most beneficial in each case and exploit that channel.
- Personalise your packaging. Although it may seem trivial, the simple fact of handing out bags with your logo or wrapping products up in something with a memorable phrase can make the customer remember you and return to your establishment.
At a glance, these are essential keys to stand out and make the customer leave our business feeling satisfied. At Singular Shop we can help you with all of these tips and advise you on the best way to create a modern fishmonger’s, in line with the latest trends.
Call us on 93 546 81 11 and we will inform you about our services and your options.